Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- “Seconds” Dessert Plates Set ($95) - These dessert/salad plates prove that parts can sometimes be better than the whole thing; each is microwave and dishwasher safe.
- Block Lamp ($139) - A hot light bulb is contrasted with surrounded “ice.”
- Fuzzy Face Photo Frame ($18) - It’s your own personal Wooly Willy.
- Frozen Smiles Ice Cube Tray ($8.95) - Even grandmas and grandpas get in on the hipster action.
- Keith Haring iCrew4 ($49.95) - The bike mount for iPhone 4S/4/3G/3GS has a shockproof design, is water-resistant and can be rotated 360 degrees.
- Knit Cozy Cup ($19.95) - Cups can be cozy, cuddly and warm too! The cozy koozie insulates your hands and keeps your drink warm.
- Ray Gun Desk Pen ($135) - This pen is so Flash Gordon.
- Retro British Telephone ($60) - Who said landlines are out? This replica 1967 British telephone (with a few modern additions) is so in!
- Blank Canvas Bib ($14.95) - Gift this bib for the baby hipster in your life. Bib=Blank Canvas. Food=Media. Baby=Artist.
For the ironic hipster, the Museum of Contemporary Art Store is "the" place to shop this holiday season. MCA Store features items by contemporary designers, many of which are current and past artists on exhibition.
We've thought of everyone—from the twenty- and thirty-something crowd to grandparents and babies. It's hipster galore! — Robin Clement
· MCA Store [Official Site]