Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- The shirt wall (right) and necktie wall (left)
- Shelving display
- An ottoman
- Bright yellow lacquer wall
- Furniture and fixtures being hoisted to the roof via a Twitpic mention from @Suitsupply on Twitter
- Architectural rendering of the rooftop
- Polka Dot Wall
- Fixture Installation
- The Roof Construction
- Rubber wallpaper
- Shelving detail
- The view of the rooftop construction from Barneys
- Planks of a compressed recycled wood composite
We wanted to give you an update on Oak Street's newest addition, Suitsupply - which is set to open on June 29. Use your imagination and absorb photos as a mood board for what the store is putting together. First off, we have to say that the rooftop is still going to be pretty swank. Last week, the furniture was hoisted atop the roof with a crane and the planks for the deck have been laid. And in the case you haven't been following along at home, there will be drinks up there.
Inside, the custom-made store fixtures have arrived from the Netherlands and are being installed. There is a made-to measure room with a large LED-lit wall, a display for shirts next to ties and an undulating rack on a yellow lacquer wall for the suits. All the signage will be backlit with LED while accent walls are covered with a deep grey fused thread-like rubber wallpaper. The construction will start to wrap up this week at which point we'll start to see it become a real-live shop. Get ready gents, this is your new playground.
· Suitsupply [Official Site]
· All Suitsupply Coverage [Racked]