Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Theory seersucker blazer (Neiman Marcus $237 down from $395)
- Sperry Topsiders boat shoe (Macy's $90)
- BHLDN yellow floral square neck dress (BHLDN $300)
- Tracy Reese two tone/floral sun dress (BHLDN $408) Photo: Secondcitystyle.com
- Holmes & Yang sailor pants (Barneys $349 down from $1400)
- Polo Ralph Lauren top (Ralph Lauren $165)
- Tod's driving moc (Tod's $425)
- floppy hat to shield our eyes and skin from the sun (J. Crew $38)
- Ralph Lauren madras (Nordstrom $325)
Sailing is a popular summer pasttime in Chicago, what with the lake and the perfect boating weather; and many entities are recognizing those facts. Last week, W Lakeshore's sixth floor wet deck played host to the Alpari Match Cup Kickoff party, the Alpari World Match's only US tour stop. Sailors, guests, and those who love anything having to do with water, danced, drank, ate and enjoyed the blue of the lake. Afterward, everyone secretly began planning their next boating jaunt. That got us to thinking...what will we wear to THIS week's Race to Mackinac Island viewing event, presented by the fabulous Veuve Clicquot champagne house and Michigan Avenue magazine? We're very excited about the sartorial possibilities. So without any further ado, here are our favorite pieces to make us say, "anchors away!"
· Race to Mackinac [Official Site]