Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Ikram, one of the foremost purveyors of luxury in the world stocks socks from Y-3 and Sonia Rykiel to Junya Watanabe and Comme. Recently Ikram picked up Italian brand, DePio in houndstoothed yellow with brown, red with tan and white with navy. $85.
- Hästens Down Slipper Boots. YES. The ultimate treat for your feet, these cozy, 100% cotton boots are filled with a blend of 75% white down and 25% sea bird feathers, to ensure that you or your loved one is wrapped up in nothing other than the most luxurio
- Probs the cheapest in our roundup, this speckled pair by Two Feet Ahead is sold at Independence, you know, the shop for Oak Street Bootmakers. And if there were one pair of socks heritage bookmakers know and love, it's this pair. $8.
- With a guideshop on Armitage and one in River North, Bonobos can show you these socks in person, but you'd be better off just staying toasty inside and ordering them online. $26.
- Penelope's on Division is now stocking Gallet, a Japanese brand known for their warmth. $10-$12.
- Happy Socks. $10-$12 also at Penelope's and Nordstrom Rack if that's more your thang.
- These are the socks that the famous Sock Monkey was made of. Made right here in the USA by Fox River Mills, they're $15 and fabulous.
For the umpteenth consecutive day the temperatures are below freezing. Everybody is complaining on Twitter about the snow, the wind, the freezing air... um, it's Chicago--deal with it. How? Socks. But donde dost thou find awesome socks that keep your toes warm? Not to worry, we've done that work for you and rounded up several pairs from some cool local shops. Click through the photos for details and pricing.
· Cozy Sweaters For The Chicago Winter [Racked]