Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Welcome to Party Bites, in which fancy people at glamorous parties answer our probing questions.
- Terri Hickey, director of public relations for the Four Seasons Chicago, does a happy-dance when she sees "Carrie's pink tutu in the opening credits of 'Sex & the City.'"
- Marlene Babula, the Midwest region sales manager for Laurent Perrier US, Inc. thought instantly of "Saul's pink shirt on 'Breaking Bad!'"
- Bernadette Arviso, senior hospital sales representative for Daiichi Sankyo, has a soft spot for Molly Ringwald's dress in—you guessed it—'Pretty in Pink.'
- 'Clueless' made an indelible mark on Amanda Puck, executive vice president of XA, the Experiential Agency. "Cher's fuzzy pink pen in 'Clueless'" is one of her favorite rose-colored moments.
- Laura Sage, president of the Lynn Sage Foundation, jokes that she loves: "finding something pink that goes with my pink complexion."
- Lonnie Rodriguez, who handles marketing and brand development for Genuine Entertainment Group, cites the Pink Panther as his pink-fashion inspiration. "That works, right?"
- Eva Pawlus, a mortgage bankeer for Wells Fargo, paints the town pink in "Essie's 'Boom Boom Room' nail polish."
- Whitney Barbiere, a retired model, loves "Ralphie's pink bunny costume in 'A Christmas Story.'"
- 'Chicago Tribune' reporter Kate Jacobson has a fairy-tale love affair with "Aurora's pink dress in 'Sleeping Beauty.'"
- Alyce Bonnar, who's in account support at XA, The Experiential Agency, recalls "when Victoria's Secret's Pink line sold only pink things. You remember that, right?"
The city is awash in pink for Breast Cancer Awareness, and the rosy hue was ubiquitous last Thursday at the Lynn Sage Foundation's "Go Pink" benefit at Allium at the Four Seasons Chicago. There were pink rubber duckies in the fountain, pink deviled eggs on passed trays, and plenty of ladies dressed in—wait for it— pink. Which made it the perfect time to pose our burning question: "What's your favorite 'pink fashion moment' of all time?"
We called dibs on Glinda the Good Witch's starry, frothy frock. Here's what all the other honorary pink ladies (and one brave man!) had to say after a few glasses of Laurent-Perrier Rose Champagne.
· All Racked Chicago Party Bites coverage [Racked Chicago]