Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Need suggestions for mini beauty salves to tote on the road? The products below, hand picked by the staff at Highland Park's new Cos Bar, are all completely travel friendly, lightweight, and (here's what counts) work wonders for keeping you beautified while in transit.
You can scoop them up in the store—these pics were just snapped, and represent the shelves in real time— you can also buy them online to save you a trip to Highland Park. Before, you know, your trip.
- Airplane travel can be drying on the skin. The Clarisonic Mia 2, $150, sloughs off dead skin cells and "makes skin feel fresh and renewed" say the Cos ladies.
- Tis is the Amore Pacific Moisture Bound Skin Energy Mist, $35. "This mist is perfect for post-airplane. It's a refreshing hydration mist infused with bamboo sap; it energizes dull skin and increases radiance instantly."
- The best-selling Dior Diorshow Waterproof Mascara, $25, adds volume to lashes and stays on sans smudging. The Cos team says it's a quick-fix for tired eyes after travel, and makes peepers "pop."
- The Kilian Perfume Travel Set, $145 and up, comes with a compact case carrying three refills. It's the same size as a lipstick tube, so it's easy to stash in a pocket or handbag.
- The Cos Bar Sponge Cleansing Towel, $19, is a "soft, flexible, silky cleansing cloth that's reusable for up to three months," say the Cos staffers. It's great for removing makeup, and pretty low-maintenance: you can hang it up to dry and use it day after
- Here's the Laura Mercier Luxe Colour Wardrobe, $125. The ladies refer to this as the "ultimate makeup traveler, in a sleek case." It includes a compact and easy-to-pack range of eyeshadow, blush, eyeliner, bronzer, and more.
- The Cos Bar Makeup Bags are on sale for $25 a pop for the small bags, and $30 for the big ones. They're suited to carrying toiletries and cosmetics while traveling, and—hey—silver snakeskin with pink trim has a Barbie-gone-rogue appeal.
- The Orla Kiely Mini Bath & Hand Set, $22, comes with 50ml portions of hand lotion, body lotion, shower gel, and hand sanitizer. The products are all in natural, soothing scents of geranium, eucalyptus oil, and clary sage.