You learn something new every day, and if that something smells like vanilla? Why, even better. We just found out that Nielsen-Massey Vanillas (pretty great stuff, as all you bakers can attest) has its headquarters in Waukegan and was founded in Sterling, Illinois. Another fun fact? It can be used in D.I.Y. spa treatments as well as in chocolate-ginger macaroons and vanilla-rose apple crisp. Check out the recipe for the Nielsen-Massey vanilla body scrub, below, and have a sweet shower.
· 1 cup Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Sugar
· 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
· 1 or 2 drops of an essential oil such as lavender or eucalyptus (available at Whole Foods)
· A decorative, waterproof container and wrapping paper.
· Mix ingredients together in a bowl.
· Spoon into a decorative, waterproof container
· Wrap in decorative paper if you want to gift it.
Instructions for use:
Apply a small amount to damp skin while in shower or bath. Gently scrub skin with a soft washcloth. Rinse thoroughly.
· Nielsen-Massey Vanillas [Official Site]