- Goldplaited is now open on the border of Lincoln Park and Lakeview. And yes, its logo is modeled on Carrie Bradshaw's necklace (and similar trinkets are available for purchase.) Photos: Racked Chicago
- The back of the space holds a quote from Yves Saint Laurent that perfectly sums up the sisters' philosophy. "Every client is beautiful when she walks in," says Mal firmly. But a little glam never hurts anyone.
- Toward the back of the space, a cozy private party room is ready to host bubble-soaked girls' nights out. "This is a perfect pre-party spot," Mal says. "You can come here before a night out wearing no makeup, and by the time you leave you're all ready to
- Before hairstyling sessions, stylists wash and condition customers' hair with MoroccanOil products. The blowouts, $38, come in a few different styles, and include a relaxing scalp massage and styling with hot tools.
- The sisters sell cosmetics on site, including products from their own Goldplaited line. But there is never any pressure to buy—this was another one of the tenets of Mal and Co's dream salon. (And ours, too.)
- A genius "finishing nook" has perfumes and mints to top off the services.