Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Last week, we caught wind of the forthcoming Porsche Design store at the Shops at North Bridge (thanks, reader-tipster!), and got our first peek inside the sleek store. Now, we have a few photos of the brand's Fall/Winter 2013 collection.
Shot by photographer Peter Lindbergh in his Paris studio, the black-and-white images showcases pea and duffle coats for men, sunglasses and wrap jackets for women, and a whole lot of not-kidding-around facial expressions (these models are dead serious about their luxury.)
According to the brand's website, the pieces were inspired by the early 1980s, and channel the spirit of "puristic coolness." Take a look at selections from "The Urban Modernist" collection below, and get a taste of what to expect at the new store when it opens in December.
We don't have info on pricing at the Chicago store just yet, but we think it's safe to say that this store won't be for bargain hunters (it's just that it's, you know, Porsche.)
- This is the second collection for the Porsche Design luxury brand. Photos: Courtesy of Porsche Design
- The collection is dominated by black, with a pop of burgundy here and there.
- The collection, conceived by creative director Thomas Steinbrueck, is "distinguished by strong, elegant, and puristic coolness," says the press release.
- Exhibit A: Puristic coolness.
- The collection comprises materials such as premium lambskin and napa leather.
· Behold! The First Peek at the New Porsche Design Store [Racked Chicago]
· Porsche Design [Official Site]