Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Welcome to Party Bites, in which fancy people at glamorous parties answer our probing questions.
- "Oh, I know! I'd wear a pretty dress that's colored like a rainbow." Amelia Vihon, age 6
- "I'd say, probably just a casual dress." Ellie Barthel, age 6
- "Something with candy on it!" Carinne Forpanek, age 6
- "I'd wear a little tutu in peach, and a headpiece made out of Reese's Pieces." Milla Kerch, age 10
- "For the Land of Sweets, I'd wear a ball gown. Why not?" Sarah Stone, age 15
On December 8, the Joffrey Ballet hosted its whimsical Nutcracker Family Dinner. Wearing their prettiest holiday dresses—and toting gussied-up dolls as accessories—young guests decorated ballet slippers, sipped miniature peppermint milkshakes, and had glittery Magnolia cupcakes before dinner began. Amid all the sweetness, we asked Chicago's pint-sized tastemakers a serious style question: What would you wear to visit the Land of Sweets? From a Reese's Pieces headpiece to something "casual," see what they had to say.
· All Party Bites Coverage [Racked Chicago]
· The Sugar Plum Fairy Shops at Una Mae's [Racked Chicago]