Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Samsung NX300 Camera, $649.99, samsung.com. "Combining the compactness of a point-and-shoot with the power of a professional-grade DSLR, this mirrorless interchangeable-lens model offers the best of both worlds. It delivers 20.3 megapixels, impressive aut
- Victorinox Altitude Blazer, $495.00, Victorinox.com: "This is the perfect unisex travel jacket. It packs into its own pocket, and is reversible with a nylon side for the rain."
- Sony Smartphone Attachable Lens-Style Camera (DSC-QX100), $499.99, store.sony.com: "Pop this onto your smartphone and you'll be able to take high-res photos, thanks to its big, 20.6-megapixel sensor and 3.6x optical zoom. It's designed to be compatible wi
- Beats by Dre Studio, $299.95, beatsbydre.com: "Hands down, the hottest headphones on the market. These are newly redesigned and available in an array of colors. Music comes through clear and crisp, even when played loud (exercise with caution). The rechar
- Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 11S, $399.99, |lenovo.com: "A touchscreen laptop that turns into a tablet—all you need to do is flip back the screen. Unlike other convertible models, this one has a keyboard that's actually satisfying to use. Plus, the device's smart
- Samsung ATIV TAB 3, $499.00, samsung.com: "Super sleek and glossy white, Samsung's TAB 3 is essentially a 10.1-inch laptop in tablet form. It runs the full version of Windows 8, is pre-loaded with Microsoft Office 2013, and comes with a Bluetooth keyboard
- Audio-Technica ATH-ANC29 QuietPoint Noise-Canceling Headphones, $99.99, shopaudio technica.com: "These high-tech headphones can block out even the noisiest of seatmates (or rowdiest of children), making them our favorite for travelers craving peace and qu
Tonight, the Travel + Leisure Hot Spot Tech Pop-Up opens at the Thompson Chicago. Through Sunday, the pop-up shop will showcase travel gear and techie toys that are featured in the mag's December issue. A team of the magazine's staffers, including editors Amy Farley and Mimi Lombardo, sent over some of their top picks from the shop. So get some ideas for the tech (and travel) lovers on your shopping list, right here.