Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Our mantra this week has been: "there's still time to shop." (There is! Right?) Now that it's Friday, we can finally stop pretending to focus on work and get down to business. Here are three holiday shopping events to hit this weekend. These spots offer quaint gift items, Christmas-y perks, and stiff beverages to sip on. (It is the weekend, after all.) Make sure you have Rudolph or another responsible driver to take you home, and let the tipsy gift-buying begin!
· Tonight, Lillstreet Art Center hosts Late Night Shopping and Whiskey Tasting from 6 to 9 p.m. Some 85 local and national artists will showcase their wares, which include ceramics, toys, jewelry, and accessories. Also on tap? Seasonal cocktails from Koval Distillery, live jams, and (now we're talking) free gift-wrapping.
· Don't forget: Lush Wine & Spirits hosts its Holiday Market on Sunday. The event will offer meats, cheeses, and spirits; there will also be gift-worthy goods such as wine books and dark-chocolate toffee. Bonus: we have a built-in wine shopping guide for you, here.
· The Christkindlmarket is still going strong this season. Held on Daley Plaza through Christmas Eve, the German-style village features a giant tree, plenty of fairy lights, and hot spiced wine. Vendors sell crafty goods such as Bavarian ornaments and cuckoo clocks, and there's lots of jolly entertainment. Stop by on Saturday if you like horns: An Alpine brass band will be live on the scene.
· Attention, Winos: Lush's Holiday Market is This Sunday [Racked Chicago]
· Lillstreet Art Center [Official Site]
· Christkindlmarket [Official Site]