Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- "This is the perfect necklace to throw on with a turtleneck or a basic black dress, to add a little sparkle to an outfit for a holiday party." Lawrence Vrba, red jewel bib necklace, $895
- "In Chicago, it's often hard to be stylish and warm. With these gloves, you're covered!" Nina Ricci tweed long leather gloves, $510
- "A classic Chanel bag will never go out of style. This piece is definitely an investment that will stand the test of time." Vintage Chanel bag, $1,395
- "The perfect sweater for your holiday ugly sweater party...except it's not ugly! It's absolutely fabulous." Vintage Chanel sweater, $1,500
Old Town's gold-dusted shop Luxury Garage Sale has a newly launched e-commerce site, and it's doing brisk business this holiday season. Co-owner Lindsay Segal's wish list is filled with snazzy pieces including a bejeweled statement necklace and an "ugly sweater" that's really quite glam.
These items could make good gifts—but we're not sure we could part with a pair of Nina Ricci gloves once they were in our possession. So whether you're looking for gifts, shopping for yourself, or just virtual-window shopping, take a look at Segal's holiday picks.
· Luxury Garage Sale [Official Site]
· All Luxury Garage Sale coverage [Racked Chicago]