Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Who says winter boots have to be black, flat and boring! Treat yourself to a glam furry boot to get you through the winter - in style! 'Enna Fur Bootie', $350 michaelkors.com
- Get a leg up on denim for Spring by incorporating a lighter color jean into your wardrobe now! Ernest Sewn 'Ezra Skinny Jean in Nude', $179, bloomingdales.com
- Lace is a trend that will stick around for Spring. Pair this chic jacket with a black A-line skirt and tights now, and with a white jean in the Spring! Lace Colorblock Jacket, $245. scoopnyc.com
- Green is going to be THE color du saison for Spring - be ahead of the curve and pair it with a black winter coat now! Alexander Wang 'Rockie Duffel', $795, barneys.com
- Accessories are always an easy way to spice up a look. Pair this piece with a black turtleneck are V-neck dress to stand out from the crowd! 'Mega Rave' Plastic Necklace, $60, topshop.com
Here we are in the thick of a tumultuous winter influenced by the liquid mass of Lake Michigan and Al Gore's magic climate change powers. What to wear with all this seasonal bullshit? To answer this question we ask celeb stylist Eric Himel who's in charge of making Giuliana Rancic's Chi-town wardrobe shine, what five items are in for winter and can help you get a leg up on Spring '13. Click through for deets on Alexander Wang's spring duffel, some furry Michael Kors creations and a transparent neon necklace a la Topshop.
· Eric Himel [Official Site]