Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Earlier this morning we released a map of where to shop the Prabal Gurung for Target collaboration. Now, Racked's own Rick Ownens-clad defender of justice, Samm Mackin lends six tips of wisdom on how to shop the collaboration.
1) First of all scan through the online look book of the collection and decide on which items you want to target upon arrival in store.
2) Tally the full amount you intend to spend ahead of time, because although the prices range only from $14.99-$199 things can add up quickly.
3) Wear base layers--such as leggings and a tank-top--that are easy to try on clothes over in order to avoid the sure to be jam packed fitting rooms, or grab your desired pieces in a few sizes and try them on at home as the pieces are returnable and you may buy up to 5 pieces of one item.
4) We foresee anything in the floral crush and first date prints (especially the first date print sweatshirt) going fast, along with any of the shoes, so act fast on those pieces.
5) From our experience, Targets in outlying suburbs, down state, and across the border in Wisconsin or Michigan are more apt to have less competition for the collection items and are the secret to how many ingenious fashionistas score big on pieces from Target designer collabs.
6) Lastly, the weather for Sunday is forecasted as overcast and rainy in Chicago so we suggest wearing something waterproof if you plan in getting in line early.
· Prabal Gurung for Target [Target]
· All Target Coverage [Racked]
· All Prabal Gurung Coverage [Racked]