Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Deborah Lippmann nail polish (originally $18, now $9)
- Moonlight clock (originally $36, now $18)
- KosherLand board game (originally $18, now $9) Russian doll kitchen timers (Originally $25, now $12.50)
- Set of two coffee pots (originally $30, now $15)
- Old skool phones (originally $165, now $82)
- Po mug with top hat (originally $23, now $11.50)
- Vintage megaphone (originally $225, now $112.50)
- Rainbow baseball bats (originally $74, now $37)
- 'You Are Here' poster (originally $65, now $32.50)
- Big Chinese takeout container (originally $28, now $14)
Months ago, the word on the street was that the next incarnation of lifestyle housewares store Judy Maxwell was to be an entirely white modern Jetson's space-age theme with two canaries taking center stage in the middle of the store. This weekend, the store started an aesthetic transition, but not quite like that. On the door there's now an ornate gold, red and white vinyl sign that says "Judy Maxwell General Store".
The Jetsons idea has been thrown to the wind and the look is now shifting toward an olde timey rustic-smelling storefront that now has two finches (Hansel and Gretel) taking center stage in the store. The transformation is still underway and should be complete soon, but not until they liquidate all of their home goods from the previous vision. Stacked up on a big table on one side of the store are all of these oddball products, and they're all 50% off.
Highlights from the overflowing sale table are that big beach ball, Deborah Lippmann nail polish for $9, an enormous basket of $1 Ikea photo frames from an unrealized art project, Magic 8 Balls, sushi-shaped soaps, dinnerware, fuzzy slippers and a KosherLand board game. Click through for pricing.
· All Judy Maxwell Coverage [Racked