Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Time Out Chicago released its "2013 Eat Out Awards," and like everyone else, we were anxious to see which new eatery took the top spot in the Reader's Choice category. The winner was Fat Rice, a Macanese place in Logan Square.
- For that slouchy, "I just threw on my boyfriend's jacket and look effortlessly gorgeous" thing, look no further than the new Rush Street Madewell store. Ask for the
- This Akira top adds a little dash of femininity to an otherwise edgy outfit.
- Ah, the Rag & Bone Halifax legging. These winter white jeans are amazing enough to transcend all fashion rules (yes, you can wear white after Labor Day, as l
- Like Logan Square, backpacks are making a comeback in the quirkiest, kitschiest way possible. Subtle silver details make The Row's take on the trend truly special.
- A dead ringer or a higher-end version by Alexander Wang, these Jeffrey Campbell shoes, available at Akira punch up any outfit and transition beautifully from dinner to the bar
While an honor like this usually goes to a high-end, jackets required restraunt, we're happy to see that Fat Rice, which is decidedly more casual, is taking center stage. But while we all have a firm grasp on what to wear for a fancy dinner, sometimes dressing for a laid-back yet relentlessly trendy neighborhood like Logan Square is daunting. If you're in a rush to head over to Fat Rice, check out our guide to dressing for the restaurant.
· Fat Rice [Official Site]
· Time Out Chicago [Official Site]