Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
If you're a Chicagoan, chances are a few shoes in your closet are from Akira's Wicker Park footwear store. It's a healthy mix of affordable and expensive, classic and trendy. But sometimes the store stocks shoes that go beyond trendy, veering into Lady Gaga territoy. Check out our gallery of Akira's seven most interesting shoes and tell us: Would you wear them?
· Akira Shoes [Official Site]
- The heeless platform is bold enough, but gold fringe take the Moks Fringe wedge booties to the next level. $83.93 (sale)
- The front of this shoe may be relatively tame but the chunky see-through heel gives the Dolce 3B Platform a healthy dose of edge. $54.90
- The Deena shoe comes in black as well, but for maximum impact, choose the green version of the wood-platformed shoe. $89.90
- We don't think we'd ever wear these shoes but we can think of one person who may: Nicki Minaj. $84.90
- The shoe so wild, we listed it twice. The leopard print version of the "Kiss Me" shoe is just as jaw-dropping. $84.90
- Jeffrey Campbell isn't one to shy away from bold shoe designs, but the Shadow Studs are even wilder than some of his signature designs. $83.53
- We aren't quite sure how the Julian Hakes Mojito shoe works but we give any woman bold enough to rock them some serious credit. $279.90