Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
It was months ago when we found truth in the rumor that Cans Sports Bar was closing. Then Cans Sports Bar did close. Then we heard that a sports store was to open in that spot and the building was to look like this. A Public Notice sign was posted on the building announcing the transformation from restaurant to retail. Through the mystery of a Magic 8 Ball we asked you what (maybe) sports store was opening there. Among the choices was Nike. Today, Chicago Real Estate Daily says we were right; Nike is coming.
· All Bucktown Coverage [Racked]
· Cans is Closing? [Racked]
· Cans is Closing. What the New (Maybe) Sports Store Might Look Like: [Racked]
· Cans Sports Bar Closed. Let the Transformation to Retail Begin. [Racked]
· What Mysterious (Maybe) Sports Store is Opening on Damen? [Racked]
· All Nike Coverage [Racked]
UPDATE: 5/31/13 Nike emailed us to give us crucial details.