Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Things are (possibly) looking up over at Block 37. Monday, news broke that 24-hour gym chain XSport Fitness was sniffing around the complex and may be in the process of signing a lease in the troubled mall. XSport has a ton of locations in Chicago and the surrounding area.
Reports Chicago Business, "Los Angeles-based CIM Group is nearing leases with AMC Entertainment Holdings Inc. to open the only commercial movie theater in the Loop and with gym operator XSport Fitness, according to sources familiar with the deals. Both would move onto the building's empty fourth floor." It's a step, right?
· XSport Fitness [Official Site]
· How Block 37 is returning from the dead [Chicago Business via]
· Block 37 Adds an Enormous Art Gallery to The 3rd Floor [Racked]
· Puma Switches Up Strategy; May Close Cursed Block 37 Store [Racked]
· All Block 37 Coverage [Racked]