Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
When it comes to your wedding invitation, why not go local? We'll even take some of the footwork out of your search. After the jump, find a compilation of Chicagoland's top stationery brands. Whether you're looking for classic, modern or just plain pretty, there's something here for you.
4. Noteworthy Notes: This Lakeview-based company doesn't focus on wedding products (they offer a bit of everything), but the invites they have created are simple, sleek, sophisticated and not too girly to turn off the groom. [Website]
3. Rachel Lizabeth Designs: The Lombard-based artist makes invitations that are incredibly modern. These aren't your mother's wedding invitations; they're remniscent of a cleverly designed menu at a trendy new eatery. [Website]
2. Yellowbird: Based in Wilmette, this store stocks classic, high-quality stationery, including pieces from veteran designer William Arthur. [Website]
1. Pink Paper and Ink Custom Design: This wedding-focused brand is every bit as feminine as the name suggests. [Website]
· These Ridiculously Adorable Cake Pops Will Make Your Wedding [Racked]
· Save 85% On Wedding Gowns While Supporting A Great Cause [Racked]
· All Weddings Week coverage [Official Site]