Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Talk about a two-for-one deal: This style doubles as both engagement and wedding band for an insanely good sale price. $799, Adam's Jewelry
- At Windy City Diamonds, a perfect, sparkly ring comes in white or yellow gold. Pricing depends on several factors, but will ultimately run you less than $1,000.
- This white-gold Etsy finds comes from a local seller and looks just as elegant as its pricier competitors. $925,
- An interesting blue gem by a Chicago-based Etsy seller for a mere $960.
- Quite literally a twist on the traditional solitaire diamond ring, this affordable sparkler is just traditional enough. $670,
- James Allen jewelers prides itself on its blue collar roots, and prices reflect this. $950, James Allen.
Fact: Weddings aren't cheap. Between the dress, the food, the venue, and everything else that goes into planning one, couples may want to cut corners in other areas to save for the big day.
In the name of thrift, we've scoured the city's best jewelry stores for the most affordable rings. Check out the gallery above for our picks, which are all under $1,000.
· All Weddings Week 2013 coverage [Racked]