Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- This style is vaguely remniscent of the gym shorts we wore in middle school, but it's having a moment. Get these for a cheapie price since they may very well just be a fad. $15.80,
- What's even trendier than stripes and floral print, which are two of the season's staples? An item that blends both these classics. $24.90, Akira
- This Zara skort has been a huge style blogger darling for a few months now, and with good reason: The barely-there length is far less risky when the shorts sit underneath the origami-style skirt. $49.90,
- Neon gets feminine treatment with these classically-fitting Madewell shorts. $88,
- We love the tribal print on these locally made shorts, which work for a daytime shopping spree or a night out. $142, Henry and Belle
- Get playful in breezy Milly shorts, which will keep you cool even at the sweatiest music fest. $195,
- These spendy Minkoff perforated leather shorts are edgy and stylish. We're sort of obsessed with the peplum-like detailing on the sides. $495, Rebecca Minkoff
Who wears short shorts? Chicagoans do, at least during few months of warm weather we wait for all year every year.
This season boasts some especially unusual takes on the made-for-summer garment, and while a well-made denim cutoff will never go out of style, why limit yourself to those? These days we're saying everything from dressed-up high waisted numbers to sexy little leathers to baggy, breezy, lightweight styles. So without further ado, here's our collection of this summer's trendiest shorts. Some are splurges, some cost less than a downtown cab ride. Either way, we highly recommend letting those legs out while you can. It's finally feels like summer in the city, and we intend to milk it for all it's sartorially worth.