Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
As we happily shared last week, hometown designer Maria Pinto is back with M2057. The line is launching on Kickstarter, so this is your chance to become a patron of the arts (and some impressively practical-yet-elegant designs.) We just got our mitts on the lookbook, so take a peek at some of the pieces and then head to M2057's official site if you're so inclined to donate—or, to pre-order a few pieces for yourself.
- The collection comprises seven dresses, two jackets, a shrug, a wrap, and two scarf styles.
- The pieces can each be styled different ways, and are suited to a range of body types.
- The pieces are made from Italian fabric that's—hooray!— washable.
- Pinto said that the looks "have a very architectural energy," and were inspired by steel skyscrapers.
- FLOTUS, if you're reading, we think this would look great on you.
- You can pre-order these pieces for $75 to $250 a pop.
· All Maria Pinto coverage [Racked Chicago]