Chicago Phillip Lim/ Target Launch
- 8:00 a.m.: Looking to score a little Lim this morning? Get in line, honey.
- 8:03 a.m.: There's a line about 20 deep. There's a lot of neck craning going on, and people aren't happy about waiting outside in the rain. "There seems to be some incompetence happening," says a disgruntled shopper ahead of us, who's also keen to brag ab
- 8:05 a.m.: Lo and behold, the doors soon spring open. A staffer asks everyone to remain "orderly," and they do—mostly. There's a little spastic motion on the escalator.
- 8:07 a.m.: Well, we can't say we're surprised. The bag situation is looking grim.
- 8:10 a.m.: Unless you're looking for a bag in this shade of...greige? Somehow, bags in this color keep ending up back on the racks.
- 8:22 a.m.: These floral dresses are like the last-picked kids in gym class. And, not to be mean, but we kinda get why.
- 8:30 a.m.: The mannequin on the right will soon be robbed of her cute leopard-spotted set, as this hot number is getting scooped up quickly. The "Boom!"-sweater supply, however, is in no apparent danger of extinction. Nicely played, Chi-town. The sweater'
- 8:35: The men's section doesn't pick up steam until about 8:30 a.m. Slackers.
- 8:50 am.: The line for the fitting room is long, so many people are throwing things on right on the sales floor. We're seeing a LOT of sports bra. We'll take this as our cue.