Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Stylist Heidy Best just told us that flesh-colored pumps are God's gift to legs. And right on the heels of her proclamation, the Christian Louboutin boutique on Oak Street has launched "The Nudes."
The collection was designed to match a variety of skin tones—after all, "nude" doesn't mean pale blush for everyone—and there's even an app to help Louboutin-lovers discover their shade. The shoes comprise five styles, including the Fifi pump, the Pigalle, and the Flo peep-toe, and they're available on Oak Street right. now.
Need suggestions on how to style them? Here's how local lovelies went nude at the collection's recent launch party.
- Amelia Canham Eaton looks a little ballerina and a little Carolina Herrera. We love it a lot.
- Zahara Sandburg (middle) let her jewel-hued dress shine.
- We're not sure if they're technically pink or nude, but there's no way we're not showing you the fun, flowery kicks on Cat De Orio (left).
- Diana Gramenos and Alison Victoria demonstrate nude shoes' leg-elongating powers. And Alison, can we get your hairdresser's number?
- Jena Gambaccini and Eva Daiberl prove that champagne goes with everything.