Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Photo: Carolina Marianna
- "My husband is a medical school student, so on a perfect Saturday, he puts his books away for us to enjoy the day together. Our first stop is Bang Bang Pie Shop, where we indulge in Gaslight coffee and bisc
- "To help our bellies digest breakfast, we stroll along Montrose Dog beach with our two-year-old rescue pup, Louis. The beach gets pretty packed on the weekends, so we keep our e
- "I’ve always shopped locally, and as the former Chicago editor of DailyCandy, it was my job to cover new stores around town. Just this week, two boutiques opened their doors: Rocky + Luella, a cute Logan
- "After all that shopping, I deserve a treat. My weakness is ice cream, and Jeni’s is simply the best. I jet over to the store in Lakeview for a cup of either the newest flavor on the menu, Intelligentsia black cat es
- "Very few weekends pass that we don’t end up at Parson’s Chicken & Fish with friends. Since I’m officially in denial that summer is over, I haven’t given up my negroni slushies—and don’t plan to a
- "The best Saturday nights end with a dance party, and Slippery Slope is where it’s at these days (don’t worry, the line moves quickly). The crowd is a little young, but the beats—90’s hip hop the l
- Join Jourdan on November 15th at Hotel Lincoln for their holiday pop-up and DIYing fun. [Photo: Carolina Marianna]
Jourdan Fairchild knows it all. She knows how to craft without a glue gun. She knows how turn her crafting skills into an awesome book—Fly DIY has been featured on Conde Nast Traveler, Design Sponge, Redbook, and Country Living. And as a former Daily Candy editor, she of course knows all the best places in the city. Where does she go for the perfect Saturday?