Laura Lombardi Studio
- What types of scents do you like to have going in your studio, and is there a story behind the crystals? "For the most part, the crystals are gifts from friends. Others I've picked up at mineral and gem shows. I get most of the candles
- Walk us through a typical day in your studio. How much of your time is spent designing versus checking email and other administrative tasks? "My day in the studio is shaped by the time of year, or what deadlines are coming up. Often I'
- This is Lombardi's mood board. "I start by pulling together images that I'm drawn to, often that have nothing in common," she says. "The next step is filtering the selection down to a group that works well together, and rearranging them a
- Where do you source most of your mood board material? "Magazine tears, tumblr, blogs, and scans from books."
- "I use the sample wall to store and display production samples. It doesn't hold every piece I've designed, mostly just the ones that are being produced. It's also helpful to have as a reference point. When I'm designing new pieces, I can look up and see h
- Are you naturally very organized, or did you have to learn to be for your job? "For me being organized and being productive go hand in hand. It's hard to be efficient if I'm spending time digging around for a specific tool or componen
- Looks like you're a big reader! If you were in a bookstore or library, which section would you head to first? "Art and photography or occult and new age. Whichever I find first!"