Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Our new series Project Gourmet tasks local designers with sketching fashion designs inspired by hot new restaurants—because Chicago loves fashion, and boy do we love food.
- Designer Anastasia Chatzka
- "I did one look that is very elegant," Chatzka says. "This plays off of the minimalism of the Sophie's space with clean lines and lack of color. It is a fitted silver/gray dress with a draped chiffon overlay."
- "This other look is a bit more fun and funky," she says. "It was inspired from the space's menswear vibe. The woman has on a button-up shirt in different patterns with a full circle skirt in silk organza, and a pair of paid mini shorts/briefs on under it.
Named after the American fashion designer Sophie Gimbel, Sophie's at Saks Fifth Avenue serves globally inspired fare in a sleek dining tucked into Fifth Avenue Man (our friends at Eater have more scoop on the culinary hotspot.)
In a Project Runway-inspired challenge, we asked local designer Anastasia Chatzka to dream up sketches inspired by the aesthetics and vibe of the new spot. Dig into her designs, below.
· All Anastasia Chatzka coverage [Racked Chicago]
· Anastasia Chatzka [Official Site]
· Sophie's at Saks Fifth Avenue [Official Site]