Our new series Project Gourmet tasks local designers with sketching fashion designs inspired by hot new restaurants—because Chicago loves fashion, and boy do we love food.
- Designer Anastasia Chatzka
- "I did one look that is very elegant," Chatzka says. "This plays off of the minimalism of the Sophie's space with clean lines and lack of color. It is a fitted silver/gray dress with a draped chiffon overlay."
- "This other look is a bit more fun and funky," she says. "It was inspired from the space's menswear vibe. The woman has on a button-up shirt in different patterns with a full circle skirt in silk organza, and a pair of paid mini shorts/briefs on under it.
Named after the American fashion designer Sophie Gimbel, Sophie's at Saks Fifth Avenue serves globally inspired fare in a sleek dining tucked into Fifth Avenue Man (our friends at Eater have more scoop on the culinary hotspot.)
In a Project Runway-inspired challenge, we asked local designer Anastasia Chatzka to dream up sketches inspired by the aesthetics and vibe of the new spot. Dig into her designs, below.
· All Anastasia Chatzka coverage [Racked Chicago]
· Anastasia Chatzka [Official Site]
· Sophie's at Saks Fifth Avenue [Official Site]