Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Gabrielle Zwick. [Photos: Courtesy of Gabrielle Zwick]
- The fashion show, held in collaboration with FashionBar Chicago, took place at the Drake Hotel on February 13.
- The new collection features hand-beaded fabrics and lace.
- Inspired by Catholic school uniforms, Zwick pairs some pieces with thigh-highs that are dotted with gemstones.
- Zwick hopes to expand into a national brand.
Gabrielle Zwick is a local designer who specializes in vintage-inspired jewelry and women's ready-to-wear. Formerly the head designer at a prom-wear company, Zwick gravitates toward lacy dresses and bright hues; she says that her pieces have "pin-up undertones." The designer recently showed her new collection at a fashion show held at the Drake Hotel. Take a peek at her Fall/Winter 2014 looks, below.
· Gabrielle Zwick Designs [Official Site]