Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Sprout Home's sunny interior
- Start your day off at The Winchester (1001 North Winchester Avenue). The brand-new neighborhood spot has a weekend brunch that serves up avocado toast, mixed-grain porridge, and a brea
- Head over to the magically quirky Komoda (2259 West Chicago Avenue.) The green-walled gift shop stocks kitchen goods, jewelry, locally made candles, crafty cards, and—why not?—handmade slippers. [Photo: via Facebook]
- Also in the neighborhood: Sir & Madame (938 North Damen Avenue.) True to its name, the shop stocks clothing and accessories for both genders, and offerings have a "classic with a twist" aesthetic. T
- After Thursday's foggy rain, we could all use a little taste of spring. So stop into Sprout Home (745 North Damen Avenue), the hip home garden store that will give you plenty of inspiration for spring. You can pick
- Holy Trinity Orthodox Cathedral (1121 North Leavitt Street) offers public tours on Saturday from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. The official City of Chicago Landmark was designed by big-time architect Louis H. Sulliv
This week's perfect Saturday takes a spin through Ukrainian Village, with built-in stops for brunch, handmade slippers, and a historic cathedral.
· All Perfect Saturday posts [Racked Chicago]