Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Gethsemane Garden Center [Photo: via Facebook]
- Start the day with brunch at Lady Gregory's [5260 North Clark Street]. "This is one of my favorite restaurants in the area right now," says Maynard. "They have great comfort food, like lobster mac and chees
- Then, it's onto shopping. "Brimfield [5219 North Clark] is truly another world. The way they style merchandise is really incredible and makes me want a rustic cabin in the woods all done up in plaid. They also hav
- "You never know what you'll find at this packed-to-the-brim shop [5234 North Clark Street], Brownstone Antiques. It's like going on a treasure hunt in grandma's attic with vintage chandeliers, old writing desks, and cool accent chairs. There's also a grea
- "Scout [5221 North Clark Street] is another favorite home decor store of mine. Shop owner Larry Vodak constantly stocks his store with the coolest furniture and home accents. I have my eye on their vintage signs, whi
- "If I ever have the winter blues, I come to Gethsemane Garden Center [5739 North Clark Street] and spend hours in their greenhouse. There are lush plants around every turn, and they even have a waterfall wit
- "You can't leave Andersonville without stopping at the Middle East Bakery & Grocery [1512 West Foster Avenue]. After a day of shopping, we stop at their deli and pick up their pies, kibbi, and falafel on the way home. Our favorite pies are the artichoke w
For this week's Perfect Saturday, we brought on on a guest contributor who lives near (and loves) Andersonville. Melissa Maynard is the editor-in-chief of the Chicago-based Factio-Magazine, which covers international travel, shopping, and fashion. When she's not sussing out the style scene in Scotland or the Costwolds, Maynard loves trolling around the north side neighborhood with her family. Here are her tips for the perfect weekend day in Andersonville.
· All Perfect Saturday Posts [Racked Chicago]