Macy's Flower Show Dresses
- The designers of the Chicago Fashion Incubator at Macy's on State Street. [Top photo: via Facebook; rest: Jenny Berg]
- Alyssa Kahle of Alyssa Kristin designed a dress inspired by a calla lily. "The crisp lines and structure of my garment capture the essence of the [flower]," she said. Its secret? The dress can be worn as a simple sh
- Lagi Nadeau was inspired by the Desert Candle's "bright orange color, unique texture, and shape." Made from an orange silk-wool fabric, the dress "mimes the silhouette of the [flower]: slender on top and fuller at the
- Takado Yamanaka's dress is inspired by the Boat Orchid. "The vibrant shades of pink, subtle yellows, and distinctly shaped petals of the [flower] provided my inspiration," she said. The dress has a hidden, sheer underskirt.
- Grace Lee-Lim of Lee Lim was drawn to the "radiant purple hues" of the Lady Slipper. "Especially because it's the Pantone color of the year," she said. "I mimicked the speckled accents from the Lady Slipper on the go
- Shelby Steiner took her cues from the Juniper Topiary. "I was initially attracted to the topiary because of its odd shape, and that it was cut and trimmed by a creator," she said. "Like the plant, my design has been
- Olivia Hwang's design pays homage to the daffodil. "I constructed a light ivory Charmeuse inner structure and layered a gold, delicate Chantilly lace on top," she said. Daffodils are also called narcissus. Inspire