Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- [Robin Richman, via RobinRichman-Shop.com]
- If Chicago's going to offer up hot-chocolate weather in March, we may as well embrace it. Start the day off with brunch at—you guessed— Hot Chocolate [1747 North Damen Ave.] Run by pastry chef Mindy Segal,
- Just up the street in Bucktown, Robin Richman [2108 North Damen Ave.] showcases clothing, accessories, and art objects in a gallery-like setting.
- While you're strolling down Damen, pop into Steven Alan [1659 North Damen Ave.] On Saturday, the shop is hosting a trunk show for jewelery line Another Feather. Hannah Ferrr
- Next, head over to North Avenue to check out the new Interior Define [2027 West North Ave.] furniture showroom. The company offers made-to-order accent chairs, sectionals, and sofas at a fraction of the cost. (
- The Wicker Collective Warehouse Sale takes over The Chop Shop [2033 West North Avenue] on Saturday and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. It will feature deep discounts
This Saturday, it's back to Wicker Park/Bucktown for a day of eating, shopping, and being indie. There's a major sale going on at Chop Shop this weekend (hint: it offers deeply discounted goods from 12 local boutiques), so you'll end up there. But while you're in the neighborhood, you may as well check out a few more of its fine offerings. Here's where to get a chocolate-filled brunch, meet a fine jewelry designer, and slip on some Japanese snacks—with some other surprises along the way.
· All Perfect Saturday posts [Racked Chicago]