Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Contributor Taneisha Jordan takes us on a hunt for Chicago's finest consignment stores.
- [Photo: Luxury Garage Sale]
- Consign your high-end or gently used vintage items with this Old Town shop, Luxury Garage Sale. Drop your goods off, ship them to the store hassle-free, or arrange a pick up with any of the store associates. Sell
- Staffers at this swanky spot know a thing or two about luxury. The Haute Spot only looks for the best men and women's apparel and accessories, so if you're willing to hand over that Yves Saint Laurent
- Need your Chanel, Gucci, or Hermès fix? Then you should hit up this Chicago boutique, which has locations in both Lincoln Park and the Gold Coast. Touting only the crème de la crème in clothing and accessories for both se
- With a name like Le Thrift, you come in expecting a deal—and this West Town boutique does not disappoint. This shop accepts only designer and brand-name clothing and accessories for both men and women. So if you're i
- You are sure to get a little of everything at this eclectic Edgewater shop. Mr & Mrs. Digz sells high-end luxury, brand name contemporary designers and one-of-a-kind vintage pieces ranging from the 1880s to 1990
- This Crossroads Trading Co. is a little on the outskirts of Chicago, but once you step inside, you'll be glad you did. Unlike other locations, this Evanston storefront boasts the best selection of contemporary c
- We didn't forget about the guys! Though Elliott Consignment boasts apparel and accessories for both guys and gals, the men's suits, shoes and jeans are where this place really shines. With two locations in Lake
- Because your home needs a little love too! Located right outside the city in Oak Park, Divine Consign specializes in high-quality designer furniture and home furnishings. Wrought iron coffee tables, mirrored dre
- No Ikea furniture here! This Bridgeport store, Coyle & Herr, boasts carefully selected used furniture, lighting and home accents for every modern home. Sellers can expect to walk away with 50 percent for their so
- Make the trek out to this Highwood store, Anna's Antique & Art Consignment, to find some of the best art, furniture, and furnishings this side of the Chicagoland area. Seek this place out if you're in the moo
It's time for spring cleaning—and, let's face it, a little spring shopping too. Get rid of old goods and score some new ones while you're at it at these 10 Chicago consignment shops. These stores are in areas ranging from Lincoln Park to Highwood, and specialize in everything from furniture to Gucci bags and men's clothing. —Story by Taneisha Jordan · Your Guide to Chicago's Best Consignment Stores [Racked Chicago]