Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Welcome to New on the Spa Menu, a feature that breaks down the "recipes" of new spa offerings.
- The Watermelon Facial is new on the menu at Equinox Spa. [Photo: via SheKnows]
- Equinox staffers use Skinceuticals gentle cleanser for skin analysis, a basic cleanse, and a facial massage. "This is great for normal to dry skin types," says Galecki. "It's a very softening cream cleanser that's great for makeup removal—and, it has a lo
- "Skinceuticals simply clean is great for normal to oily skin types. It provides gentle foaming action, it's mild, and it will not strip the skin of moisture. This is a great product for acne and sensitivity. Plus, it's unscented, which is great for our ma
- "Skinceuticals micropolish is a professional-only exfoliation product designed to buff away dead surface cells and remove buildup. The Microexfoliating scrub is a Skinceuticals product in a retail strength that clients may use to keep their skin refined w
- "Lather 10-minute Brightening Glycolic Mask is an Alpha Hydroxy Acid mask that will also assist in chemical exfoliation and increase cell turnover. It's amazing for dull or acne-prone skin, and perfect to refresh the complexion before a big night out. It'
- "Skinceuticals daily moisturizer is great for normal to oily skin. It's lightweight, will not clog pores, and has cinnamon and ginger contract enlarged pores. It leaves a luminescent finish, and can be used day and night."
- S"kinceuticals Eye Cream is an all-in-one product that addresses signs of aging, dehydration, and puffiness. The light and silky product works well under concealer. It's suitable for all skin types." The product can be used twice a day.
Yep, that's right. We're giving you the recipe not for a dish, but for a facial. The Spa at Equinox just launched its Watermelon Rejuvenating Facial ($175), which is perfect for brightening up skin that's been victimized by Chicago's (um, still-going) winter.
The 50-minute service is geared toward evening out the skin tone and reducing inflammation. It also firms up the skin and gives it a good, fruity dose of hydration with its namesake product: a watermelon mask. Though it's best to get a professional facial if you can (nothing like a little steam and extraction), this treatment can be pretty-near replicated at home using the Skinceuticals and Lather products that are available at the Equinox spa. Here, regional spa manager Alli Galecki gives a breakdown of what should be on your watermelon facial shopping list.
· Spa at Equinox [Official Site]
· Skinceuticals [Official Site]
· Lather [Official Site]