Romeo & Juliet Costumes Chicago
- Christine Rocas dances the role of Juliet.
- The costumes are sewn up in a fabric-strewn studio at the Joffrey Tower. The building is in the Loop.
- The costumes reflect different political eras in the 20th century. This simple dress, designed in pale blue satin, is Juliet's main costume.
- The Capulet women wear this striking, black-and-white dress.
- Matching the pale blue hue of Juliet's costume, Romeo wears a simple shirt and fitted grey pants.
- Another member of the Capulet tribe wears this bold, yellow and red frock.
- The Montague men wear red shirts and brown pants.
- During rehearsals, the costumes hang on racks in the studio's hallway. They're labeled by dancers' last names.