Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- [Photo: Courtesy of Art Van]
- What's the most photo-worthy thing you've seen in Chicago so far? I’ve already shot a few things this morning. I can’t help but look up at the buildings here. We were down on the water toda
- What are some of the runway trends that you saw carry over into home design? Oversize patterns and floral prints, and also silvers and metallic and greys and those sort of tones that are very prominent on the runways are coming down into
- That's sweet! I saw a profile of your home that mentioned rugs from Morocco and artifacts from all over the world. Is there a place in
- Switching gears to talk about your work on TV, what have you learned from working with Tyra Banks on America's Next Top Model and Naomi Campbell on The Face? When you watch Tyra and Naomi, you see their drive, their pa
Photographer Nigel Barker, co-host of The Face on Oxygen, is accustomed to snapping portraits of models. But his most recent shoot—for the 2014 Spring Catalog for Art Van Furniture—was more about sofas and textiles and then sultry pouts. Barker came to town last week to celebrate the opening of the store's newest Woodridge location, and while he was here we nabbed a little chat time. Here's what he had to say about trends in home design, his favorite cherry-blossom chair, and watching Tyra and Naomi at work.