Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Photo: City Soles via Facebook.
- Perfect for work or play, you’ll find all the love your tootsies need! Dubbed “the sole of Chicago”, Lori's Designer Shoes carries many styles of pumps, sneakers and wedges. Casual and contemporary staples such as
- Find the perfect gladiator sandal, wedge sneaker or uber-charming flat at this trend-loving, Chicago-based staple Akira. Snag up brands like Chinese Laundry, Melissa, Julian Hakes and Sam Edelman at a great price
- This fabulous Roscoe Village boutique has been a community sweetheart since it opened six years ago. A European-inspired store, A Pied focuses on a cool mix of trendy and comfort without sacrificing you
- Located on the corners of North Avenue, Milwaukee and Damen, you can’t miss this European heeled haven, City Soles. The knowledgeable sales associates are eager to help and will not hesitate to pick out the perfect
- Housed in a historic building in the Chicago Loop, Florodora Shoes this shop is infused with old-school charm. Kicks come from international labels including All Black, Coclico, and All Black. [Photo: via Yelp]
- Every girl needs a red-bottomed duo, so why not get your first (or second or third) pair at the only freestanding Christian Louboutin storefront in Chicago? Spikes, studs and shiny baubles sparkle in every
- Don’t let the petite size fool you. There is much to be found in this Bucktown storefront. While this is Chicago’s first and only Nike Running store, it is already gaining ground (HA!) in popularity. Wi
- If “decadent” is what’s on the menu, grab a slice of the newly-remodeled Shoe Salon at Neiman Marcus Michigan Avenue. From luxury flats to embellished knee-high boots, you’ll find all your chic Fashion Week darlin
- John Fluevog may be a franchise shoe store but hear me out! You should stop in this Wicker Park boutique for its collection of eco-friendly leather and handmade shoes from Canadian designer John Fluevog. Expect to she
- Another European-inspired storefront, this franchise spotlights brands that choose sustainability over swank. Visit one of the four Chicagoland Hanig's Footwear stores for stylish brands like Pascucci, Wolky and Thierr
Nothing makes an outfit like a sweet pair of kicks. Wouldn't it be easy if you had a handy-dandy list of the best Chicago spots right at your fingertips? So, we've done the legwork and curated a list of the best shoe stores just for you -- from the priciest of sleek high heels to colorful and comfortable sneakers you can don while jogging the lakefront. Here are the top nine shoe stores of Chicago!
· All Seasonal Shopping Guide Posts [Racked Chicago]