Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Welcome to Spring Forward: over the next few weeks, we'll be profiling the best new arrivals and trends at some of our favorite local boutiques.
- [Photos: Courtesy of Trunk Club]
- Trend 1: Loafers. "Warmer weather in my mind means time to get rid of my socks and bust out some great casual loafers, driving mocs, and other slip-ons. Suedes, crepe soles, and a kilty."
- Trend 3 (or, um, non-trend): "This is not a trend given that it never goes out of style. A great, broken-in Oxford is the perfect year-round shirt." This season, Smith is outfitting clients in real-men-are-not-afraid-of-'em pastels.
- Trend 2: Blue: "There is a reason that this color is the most popular color with men, and SP14 will see a ton of variations of blue—new Azure blues, rich indigos, and softer takes on the classic Navy color."
- And a springtime essential: Outerwear: "One of the most overlooked, but important pieces a guy should own. Weather in the spring is inclement and unpredictable. Every guy should have his go to raincoat, mackintosh, and windbreaker already lined up for th
This week's spring-trend alert is for the boys. We asked Jason Smith, vice president of merchandising at Trunk Club, to fill us in on a few of his seasonal picks. Take a peek at what he's slipping on his feet, which hue is ruling his wardrobe, and which necessary-for-spring item is often overlooked, below.