Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- [Photos: Courtesy of Dillon Jay]
- "I loved this Preen by Thornton Bregazzi dress. It’s the right kind of floral for spring. Instead of doing traditional bright floral patterns they did this subdued floral, which I found fresh. I love the
- "Daniella Kallmeyer sent us over some beautiful new pieces to shoot, and I loved this top. It had a clean interesting detail and went amazingly well with a denim blue Chanel skirt. I love simple pieces that are interestin
- "So many shoes! These are by (left to right) Proenza Schouler, Pierre Hardy, L.A.M.B., Celine, Prada, Valentino, and Marissa Webb."
- "I bought my first pair of Costume National pants in Chicago when I was 14, and they were my favorite pants ever! Their pieces have a classic-modern twist to t
- "Can I tell you how much I love Ikram? Ikram is great because they have all these special pieces that no one else has. It’s the ultimate fashion mecca in Chicago! We pulled these Alexander McQueen,
- "This top is just so sick. Oscar Olima was kind enough to send over some chic new pieces, and this was one of my favorites! This navy Victorian blouse was paired with a Giorgio Armani runway whit
- "We pulled these Alexis Bittar accessories just to add some character to some pieces. The great thing about Alexis Bittar is they are so versatile. This summer they have so many fun colors to cho
- "Everyone knows I love a good wind machine! These Richard Chai Love runway pants were the perfect piece to put with our Kenzo top. A flowy lightweigh
- "So many sunglasses! I knew I wanted some hot pairs of shades, so I called on my friends at Nordstrom to collaborate. We were able to pull some of my favorite new Spri
- "Helmut Lang pieces are always so effortless cool and comfortable for women to wear. This piece was exquisite—a blank canvas to make you shine. I love the white because you can pair it with any color in your wardrobe. The pop of neutral s
- "One of my favorite new designers is Sally LaPointe. Her pieces are just so fresh—when we got these in my jaw dropped! This top was one of my favorites, it just drapes the body so beautifully. The thing about Sa
- "I love a subdued color palette this season. I was so bored of bold bright colors for spring. When I saw these Chloé bags at Bloomingdale's I knew we had to use them. Try a subtle pink this spr
- "One of my favorite designers we used is Yves Salomon—they make so many great leather and fur pieces. Each piece makes a modern statement while remaining classic. This jacket was so strong and beautiful. We paired it with
Even when it's not red carpet season, our stylist pal Dillon Jay is working his magic. What's he been up to lately? Pulling and styling looks for an upcoming issue of Zink Magazine—and he offered to give as an insider's peek at the Comme des Garcons, Alexander McQueen, and Costume National-filled action. Here's his (entertaining as always) account of the day:
"This Spring, Zink Magazine had Chicago fashion photographer Bryan Whitely and me shoot an exciting 'design'-themed editorial for their May issue. I pulled some of spring and summer's prominent designers to give a fresh take on fashion for the season. Here's my list of designers to watch and my behind-the-scenes snaps."
· Red Carpet Redux with Dillon Jay [Racked Chicago]
· Zink Magazine [Official Site]
· Dillon Jay [Official Site]