Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Our new weekly series Get Right for Summer has one aim: to make sure you're completely beautified before the thermostat hits 90.
- Tucked into the western edge of the Loop, Spa Space [161 North Canal Street] adds beautifully scented twists to its nail offerings. Services include the Rose-Petal Manicure ($35), which includes
- Karyn's Inner Beauty Center [1901 North Halsted Street] offers holistic nail treatments that detoxify the skin while they spruce up the nails. Technicians use Karyn's chemical-free Miracle nail
- Zazazoo Nail Salon [1842 North Damen Avenue] has cute, pink-and-white decor that makes it look like a spa plucked out of Barbie's Dream Home (her dream home would have one.) Servic
- For the cushiest mani/pedi experience, it's tough to beat a swanky hotel spa. May we suggest The Spa at Trump [401 North Wabash Avenue]? Special services include the Crysta
- A popular neighborhood spot, Nas Salon & Spa [3757 North Racine Avenue] works a little massage magic into its nail services. The reasonably priced services include the Classic Manicure ($15) (told you), which comes
- There are a few of places that offer booze and manicures (and we're not mad at any of them), but Beauty Bar [1444 West Chicago Avenue] offers the best booze and the best manicures. Cock
- If you like a little breakfast with your buffing, Mojo Spa [1468 North Milwaukee Avenue] is the place to be. The Wicker Park spot offers "Beauty and Brunch" treatments almost every Sunday. Customers who book a mani/pe
- Juko Nail + Skin Rescue [2130 West Division Street] gives great manicures ($15) and pedicures ($28), and has a perk that's hard to resist when it's warm out: a patio. Guests let their nails dry on a flowery, umbre
Today's get-right-for-summer task? Give those nails some TLC. From a place that serves pancakes with its pedicures to a manicure spot that throws in oxygen therapy, here are eight Chicago spots that totally nail it.
· All Get Right For Summer posts [Racked Chicago]