GlowOut, a Golden Girl Salon
- [Photos: Lauren Wakefield Photography]
- Owner Jen Dieas opened the space in April, but she's no newbie to the beauty biz. Dieas—sometimes referred to as "Glowprah" by her perfectly tanned fans—founded a mobile-airbrush company out of her Lincoln Park apartment in 2007. Her inspiration? A Florid
- With the opening of GlowOut, Dieas expanded her team and her services—and got to try her hand at interior design (another of her passions.) Modeled on Dieas's idea of "an old-world girl's club," the cushy spot offers hairstyling services including blo
- The airbrush tans take place in a professionally ventilated room with black-and-gold accents. There's the "eight-hour tan" ($50)—which requires clients to wait eight hours before showering or sweating—and the "three-to-four-hour tan" ($60) for those on th
- Manicures and pedicures are also on the menu, and technicians use Morgan Taylor Lacquer. Unsurprisingly, Dieas says that "Glowout loves a party," and she'll gladly rent the space out for small, girly gatherings.
- The retail section also stocks home-tanning products from the in-house line. To add a personal touch, Dieas uses photos of her own family members on the labels.