Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- [Photo: Eat Pray Photo]
- Photographer Oriana Koren likes shooting couples against the colorful backdrop of Pilsen murals. "I love color and culture, and I find many of my clients do as well, so I often shoot in Pilsen along 16th street,"
- Photographer Jaclyn Simpson recommends The Alfred Caldwell Lily Pool in Lincoln Park. "It's a beautiful location, somewhat secluded fr
- Nicole Radja, owner of Studio Starling, says, "Nothing beats walking around a couples' neighborhood, starting at their favorite cafe or bar and discovering cool alleys, murals, front stoops and places that document
- Radja also recommends Peck Farm in Geneva. "For a more rural setting, it's great," she says. "Red barns, prairie fields, and lots of beautiful sky." [Photo:
- Cara and Scott Nava of Carasco Photography loves snapping engagement photos at Lower Wacker Drive at night. "After dark, Lower Wacker creates an iconic backdrop for engagement photos," Cara says. "There are a var
- For indoor shoots, the Carasco Photography duo loves capturing couples at Crimson Lounge. "For couples looking for more stylized engagement sessions, The Crimson Lounge has
- How Chicago is this? "I'm a food photographer who doubles up with weddings and engagements as well so I always recommend shooting somewhere delicious that means something to the couple," says Lindsay Cavanagh of
As part of our coverage for Weddings Week 2014, we polled local photographers on a hot topic for just-engaged lovebirds: what are some good, Chicago-centric places for staging engagement photo shoots? From over hot dogs to beside a rustic barn, here are the spots they recommend (with links to each shutterbug's site, should you wish to commission someone to do your own.)
· All Weddings Week 2014 posts [Racked Chicago]