Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- [Photo: Mohop Sandals]
- Calypso St. Barth [50 East Oak Street] has all the summery trappings of an island vacation, including the sandals that the company is perhaps best known for. Styles include beaded, gladiator, and rhinestone-emb
- The trendy local chain Akira has a footwear store [1849 West North Avenue] that's currently stocked with summery sandals. The whole, dizzying selection is available for your at-work perusal online,
- The popular Lincoln Park shoe shop Lori's [824 West Chicago Avenue] is known for its ample selection. This summer, the store has a special category on its website for sandals under $100 (score!) and styles include
- Florodora Shoes [330 South Dearborn Street], a charming, vintage-style shoe shop in the Loop, has rolled out its selection of summery sandals. The store specializes in kicks with hand-crafted details, and its current in
- Lakeview shop Bazar [3350 North Paulina Street] specializes in dresses (and, they're super easy to shop because they're organized by color.) The store also has a selection of accessories and shoes, including a sm
- Local fashion editors and style fiends love Mohop Shoes, an eco-friendly line founded by Chicago architect Annie Mohaupt. Her custom sandals pair ribbons with interchangeable soles, and customers can change up the look of the shoe with different lengths
- We love an indie boutique, and that includes A Pied Shoe Boutique [2037 West Roscoe Street] in Roscoe Village. The homey shoe store has tons of new styles from Chocolat Blu, a New York-based line that
The official start of summer is just days away, which means it's time to store the boots and bust out the sandals. Here's our guide to where to stock up on summery kicks from local designers, Italian labels, and more.
· All Seasonal Shopping Guide posts [Racked Chicago]