Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- [Photo: Courtesy of TheStylisted]
- "Every Saturday morning starts at Green City Market in Lincoln Park [1790 North Clark Street], which we believe to be the happiest place on earth," says Julia. "We buy the bulk of our groceries here. Planning o
- "After the market and, fingers crossed, a workout on the lake, brunch is a top priority, says Lauren. "For us, brunch revolves around the Bloody Mary. We love walking down to Farmhouse [228 West Chicago Avenue] wher
- "Since we recently moved into a new apartment and a new office, there's a lot of decorating to do," Lauren says. "We try to accomplish one major home improvement every Saturday, and being girls on a budget this often involves some D.I.Y. I've been on a bi
- "Our new home is dangerously close to Handle with Care [1706 North Wells Street] so we're always tempted to pop in and check out a sale or look for a Saturday night outfit," Julia says. "We never walk out empty-han
- "Saturday night is busy for us work-wise, so we get the fun started at home while we're squaring away our last appointments," Julia says. "If it's going to be a big night on the town, we'll dabble in our own services and get blowouts or have our makeup do
TheStylisted is an online service—with an app set to launch soon—that allows women to book at-home beauty appointments such as hairstyling or makeup applications. Co-founders Julia Carmona and Lauren Katzberg are both based in Chicago, and when they're not scoping out salons and testing out new lipstick hues, they spend downtime prowling the city's shops, markets, and cozy cocktail bars. Here's how the beauty pros would spend a perfect Saturday in the city.
· All Perfect Saturday posts [Racked Chicago]
· TheStylisted [Official Site]