Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- [Photos: Courtesy of Therese Kuempel]
- You have a very specific process, which I love in a world that’s so rushed. What inspires you to stick to your careful, methodical way of doing things? The creative process in general helps me to stick to my methodical way of working. M
- Can you tell me more about your process? How long does a typical piece take to create? When I first began making jewelry, I was doing traditional metalsmithing, soldering, and sheet fabrication. I was then introduced to metal cas
- It’s hard for people to focus on things that take time and attention these days. How do you stay focused when you work? Music is a large source of inspirational focus for me – I consider it my form of meditation. Also, surrounding myself
- How do you typically wear jewelry? What might you be wearing on any given day? I love to mix and match many of my designs. Depending on the mood and occasion, I might layer simple everyday pieces, such as the simple cast