Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- [Photo: Courtesy of Comfort Me Boutique]
- On Saturdays I'm usually working at Comfort Me all day. But if I wasn't working, my ideal Saturday would still be spent in Lincoln Park. Whether or not I'm working, I love to stop by Interurb
- After Interurban, on a day off, I'd check in at my store Comfort Me Boutique [701 West Armitage Avenue] to say hi to whoever is working, likely my mom or one of our friends, and see how the day is going. I love being at the store on Saturdays because it's
- After whoever is working has convinced me to leave, I'd head right next door to Rara Avis [705 West Armitage Avenue], a perfectly curated home decor boutique. The owner Molly is one of the nicest hu
- Then, I'd pop into WiLa CoLLections (), right next door to Rara Avis. We've got a pretty good row of 3 boutiques on East End Armitage, just east of Halsted, so I don't have to venture very far. WiLa i
- The Lincoln Park Farmer's Market is right across the street from East End Armitage, so I'd run over to get some fresh flowers. Then I'd head west on Armitage and pop into other stores like Shop 857 [857 West Armitage Avenu
- After a long day of shopping, I'd be ready to grab a glass of wine and some dinner with my fiance or friends at Summer House Santa Monica [1954 North Halsted Street.] If we didn't have a reservation, I'd sit at the
Comfort Me Boutique, the Lincoln Park shop that stocks all things cozy and comfy (tea, bubble bath, soft dresses, check!) celebrates its third anniversary on Saturday. From 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., the boutique will offer deals, snacks, and sips, and local designer Christina Karin will host an in-store trunk show from noon to 4 p.m. In honor of the occasion, we asked the store's co-owner Alyssa Thomas to be our guide for this week's Perfect Saturday. From a cafe with handmade pop tarts to a shop with lovely home goods, here are Thomas's Lincoln Park picks.