Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Welcome to Beach Reads, the series that delivers page-turning picks for the dog days of summer.
- [Photo: Courtesy of City Lit Books]
- Chelka Posladek, Bookseller at City Lit Books: "My summer pick is Joyland by Stephen King. The story centers on a college student who takes a summer job at an amusement park that may or may not be haunted. Part mystery, part coming-of-age, J
- Javier Ramirez, City Lit Books Manager: "My pick for summer is The Martian by Andy Weir. This is the space survival story you didn't know you were waiting for. The protagonist's sense of humor creates a nice balance in light of his dire situation
- Teresa Kirschbraun, City Lit owner: "My pick for summer is We Were Liars by E. Lockhart. This YA crossover is about a young girl who spends summers with her cousins on her grandfather's private island. This book is about much more than how wealt
As beach season kicks into high gear, we asked staffers at Logan Square bookstore City Lit Books to suggest some books to stash in our raffia bags. From a set-in-space adventure to a coming-of-age tale, here's what they had to say. Check out their selections below, and stop by the store to pick up the juicy tomes.
· City Lit Books [Official Site]