Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- [Photos: Courtesy of Michael Aram]
- How often do you travel India? Is it still a main source of inspiration in your work? I maintain a home and workshop in New Delhi, India and have done so for the past 25 years. In fact, I have spent most of my adult life in India. Most o
- Which pieces from your own collection do you love giving as gifts? I love giving candles from our home fragrance offerings. They are gifts that you don’t ne
- How do you add a sense of ritual and beauty to everyday scenarios such as setting the table? I believe that it only takes a bit of time and creativity to make your personal environment more beautiful and inspiring. I feel that family ga
- I love the emphasis you place on handmade items. Do you find yourself gravitating to handmade things in all areas of your life, including in your fashion tastes? I enjoy all things handmade. The reason is because I believe you can truly